Housing Assistance Program (HAP)
The Housing Assistance Program aims to reduce the energy burden for homeowners in need. Eligible home improvements include:
- Electric Power Bars
- Showerheads, Aerators, Pipe Wrap and Tank Wrap
- Refrigerators, Freezers, De-humidifiers, and Window Air-conditioners
- Draft proofing of the building
- Basement, Wall, and Attic Insulation
- In some instances, some homes may be eligible for a new energy-efficient refrigerator or other appliances, such as a room air conditioner, or additional insulation an attic or basement.
HAP is funded by the Ontario Power Authority and administered by local electric utilities. GreenSavers manages the program on behalf of the electrical utility companies.
INFINITY Property Services provides in house energy assessments for qualifying homes, installs minor energy efficient upgrades, and arranges for major upgrades on behalf of GreenSavers.
For more information on how to apply: http://www.greensaver.org/programs/current-programs/home-assistance-program/#tab-4
GreenSaver at 1-855-591-0877 or email email@example.com
Aboriginal Conservation Program (ACP)
The Aboriginal Conservation Program aims to reduce electricity consumption for Métis and urban and rural First Nations people. This program consists of receiving a detailed in-home energy assessment and the installation of energy saving retrofits. In addition, eligible small businesses and band-owned facilities (e.g. community centres) can receive an energy audit, and selected upgrades.
Members of participating communities will have access to a certified energy auditor to assess their home energy efficiency, including:
- Light bulbs
- Windows & doors
- Heating & cooling systems
- Energy use habits.
Based on the findings of the assessment, and the eligibility of the Participant and the home, homes may be eligible for some of the following measures:
- ENERGY STAR
- CFL light bulbs
- Block heater timers
- Smart power bars
- Hot water tank wrap & pipe insulation
- Efficient showerhead
- Efficient faucet aerators
- Retirement and replacement of eligible appliances with ENERGY STAR
- Qualified appliance
- Programmable thermostats
- Draft proofing (caulking and weather-stripping)
- Attic, wall and/or basement insulation.
ACP is funded by the Ontario Power Authority and delivered to participating communities by First Nations Engineering Services Ltd and The Abor Group.
For more information on how to apply: www.aboriginalenergy.ca/ACP
First Nations Engineering Services Ltd. at 1-855-445-0202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org