Ontario Renovates aims to assist eligible low to moderate income homeowner households in repairing their home to acceptable standards while improving the energy-efficiency. This program also aims to increase accessibility through adaptations for seniors and modifications for persons with disabilities.
INFINITY Property Services provides a variety of services on behalf of municipal and provincial bodies in a number of areas of the province.
Ontario Renovates – Northern Remote Communities
INFINITY Property Services administers this program on behalf of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Ontario Renovates Northern Remote Communities Program aims to assist low to moderate income homeowners in northern remote areas repair their homes.
Funding is in the form of a forgivable loan based on approved work to a maximum of $25,000. The period of forgiveness is ten (10) years and is forgiven at an equal rate per year over the 10-year term. Funding for accessibility repairs are available in the form of a grant up to $3,500 and does not require repayment.
General Eligible Repairs
- Major repairs and rehabilitation required to make the house safe while improving energy efficiency, including, heating systems; chimneys; doors and windows; foundations; roofs, walls, floors and ceilings; vents and louvers; electrical systems; plumbing; and, septic systems, well water and well drilling
- Remediation for an overcrowded dwelling though the addition of habitable living space
- Modification to increase accessibility related to housing and reasonably related to the occupant’s disability including, ramps; handrails; chair and bath lifts; height adjustments to countertops; and, cues for doorbells/fire alarms
- You must reside in a remote community with a population of 2,500 or less in the districts of Kenora, Rainy River, Thunder Bay, Algoma, Timiskaming, Cochrane, Sudbury, Parry Sound or Nipissing;
- Your total Household income must be the established income threshold;
- Your home value must be at or below the average market selling price as determined by CMHC or the average MLS resale price in your area;
- The house must be the sole and principal residence of the applicant(s); and,
- The house must be substandard or deficient, and require repair to bring it up to a reasonable standard.
Funding for Ontario Renovates Remote Communities has been fully committed for the fiscal year 2013-2014.
For more information, contact:
INFINITY Property Services
PO Box 10009 Innisfil, Ontario L9S 4Y7
T: 705-436-5143 F: 705-436-3621 TF 800-891-5882 Ext 28 (voicemail only)
E: [email protected]
Ontario Renovates – Kenora
INFINITY Property Services administers this Ontario Renovates Program in the district of Kenora on behalf of the Kenora District Services Board.
To be eligible for Ontario Renovates – Kenora:
- You must own a home in the district of Kenora
- Your total GROSS Household income must below the income threshold;
- You house value must be at or below the average market selling price as determined by CMHC or the average MLS resale price;
- Your house must be the sole and principal residence of the applicant(s); and,
- Your house must be substandard or deficient, and requires repair.
Eligible repairs include structural, electrical, heating, fire safety, plumbing, septic & well, improved accessibility for persons with disabilities, and/or safety related features that support senior’ ability to age-in-place.
For more information, please contact INFINITY Property Services at 1-800-891-5882 or 807-626-9300.
Ontario Renovates – Thunder Bay & Rainy River
INFINITY Property Services provides inspection services for Ontario Renovates in Thunder Bay and Rainy River.
For more information or to apply, contact:
Thunder Bay District Social Services Administration Board
231 May Street South, Thunder Bay ON P7E 1B5
Telephone: (807) 766-2111 Toll-Free: 1-877-281-2958
Rainy River District Social Administration Board:
450 Scott Street Fort Frances, ON P9A 1H2
Telephone: (807)274-5349 Toll Free: 1-800-265-5349
For all other areas please contact your location District Social Services Administrative Board or municipality.