INFINITY Property Services provides a variety of services on behalf of municipal and provincial bodies in a number of areas of the province.
Ontario Renovates – Northern Remote Communities
Ontario Renovates Northern Remote Communities Program aims to assist low to moderate income homeowners in northern remote communities with a population of less than 2,500 repair their homes.
Funding is in the form of a forgivable loan based on approved repairs and modifications. The period of forgiveness is ten (10) years and is forgiven at an equal rate per year over the 10-year term. Funding for accessibility repairs are available in the form of a grant up to $3,500 and does not require repayment.
INFINITY Property Services administers this program on behalf of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
General Eligible Repairs/Modifications
- Major repairs and rehabilitation required to bring the home to an acceptable standard while improving energy efficiency, including, heating systems & chimneys; doors &windows; foundations; roofs, walls, floors & ceilings; vents &louvers; electrical systems; plumbing; and, septic systems, well water & well drilling
- Remediation for an overcrowded dwelling though the addition of habitable living space
- Modification to reduce physical barriers related to housing and reasonably related to the occupant’s disability, including, ramps; handrails; chair and bath lifts; height adjustments to countertops; and, cues for doorbells/fire alarms
- You must own a home in a remote community with a population of 2,500 or less in the districts of Kenora, Rainy River, Thunder Bay, Algoma, Timiskaming, Cochrane, Manitoulin-Sudbury, Parry Sound or Nipissing;
- Your total Household income must be at or below the established income threshold
- Your home value must be at or below the average MLS resale price
- The house must be the sole and principal residence of the applicant(s); and
- The house must be substandard or deficient, and require repair to bring it up to a reasonable standard.
For more information, contact:
INFINITY Property Services
PO Box 10009 Innisfil, Ontario L9S 4Y7
T: 705-436-5143 F: 705-436-3621 TF 800-891-5882 Ext 28 (voicemail only)
E: [email protected]
Ontario Renovates – Kenora
INFINITY Property Services administers this Ontario Renovates Program in the district of Kenora on behalf of the Kenora District Services Board.
To be eligible for Ontario Renovates – Kenora:
- You must own a home in the district of Kenora
- Your total GROSS Household income must below the income threshold;
- You house value must be at or below the average market selling price as determined by CMHC or the average MLS resale price;
- Your house must be the sole and principal residence of the applicant(s); and,
- Your house must be substandard or deficient, and requires repair.
Eligible repairs include structural, electrical, heating, fire safety, plumbing, septic & well, improved accessibility for persons with disabilities, and/or safety related features that support senior’ ability to age-in-place.
For more information, please contact INFINITY Property Services at 1-800-891-5882 ext 28 or 705-436-5143
Ontario Renovates – Thunder Bay & Rainy River
INFINITY Property Services provides inspection services for Ontario Renovates in Thunder Bay and Rainy River.
For more information or to apply, contact:
Thunder Bay District Social Services Administration Board
231 May Street South, Thunder Bay ON P7E 1B5
Telephone: (807) 766-2111 Toll-Free: 1-877-281-2958
Rainy River District Social Administration Board:
450 Scott Street Fort Frances, ON P9A 1H2
Telephone: (807)274-5349 Toll Free: 1-800-265-5349
For all other areas please contact your location District Social Services Administrative Board or municipality.